Tuesday, May 20, 2014

RPDR s6e14 • Reunited 19 May 2014



Last time on RuPaul's Drag Race we saw a clip show and the premier of the "Sissy That Walk" video.  


Two weeks ago we saw the top four queens act and lip synch for said video, and at the end of the day, Darienne Lake was eliminated, placing fourth for the season.

Per the Internet, Bianca Del Rio is the favorite to win.  This is the first time in ages where I liked each in the top three.   I see online that not everyone is as thrilled with them all as I am.  Curious.

The 14 contestants go through a small routine, and Michelle Visage introduces them all.  The evening follows the format of the last two seasons.  Highlights:

While Vivacious & April Carrion were reminiscing with Ru, I kept thinking, oh, GOD, please be on All Stars season two.   It was nice that it felt like so MANY left the competition too soon.   That doesn't always happen.

Wasn't it nice to see a glamorous Milk?  Well, her 'version' of it, anyway.

Joslyn explains she tried out a few times prior and never made it on the show.  This was the first time she decided to do solely what she wanted to, instead of trying to second guess the judges.

Darienne's parents sent a video saying they loved her and were proud of her.

Joslyn's fiance, Andre, surprised Joslyn by having Ru marry them right on the spot.   

Adore & Laganja watched some Untucked footage and are friends again.   Bien sur.

Ivy Winters, on stilts, proclaimed BenDeLaCreme this year's Miss Congeniality.

Bianca didn't audition for years because she didn't think old comic queens had a place.  Wow.

Bianca wins the title!    All is right with the world, if only for a moment.

No word on All Stars s2 yet, but I assume it will be in the Fall like the last season of All Stars was.   I'll blog on that for sure, along with PR13 and Face Off 7, which start well into Summer.

I'm toying with the idea of looking back and blogging on an international version of Project Runway.   I'd like to find something that I haven't actually seen.  The hunt commences!

ILYM

1 comment:

  1. As you can tell, I never found an international version of PR that I hadn't already seen. I'd love to get my hands on Project Runway Israel. I saw the promo and was SO excited. What was that ... centuries ago, it now seems. (Deep sigh.)

    ReplyDelete