Wednesday, May 8, 2013

RPDR s5e14 • Reunited • 6 May 2013

Last time on RuPaul's Drag Race Ru took us down memory lane.  We didn't learn all that much, except that the race was too close to call.  Uh-huh.  Sure.

Oh, who am I kidding.  I don't care about that,
I can tell I am going to LOVE this episode.

Lots of Manila sightings.

Woo-hoo!

It's a live reunion show, taped last week!  How do we know this?  All the spoilers regarding Detox's amazing look, which did NOT get all that much airing on the show.  Why is that?  Last week I thought this was amazing enough to get its own post.

He just don't recognize talent when he see it.

Usually that is sour grapes, but I'm almost buying it this time, Ms. Icunt.

Ru mini-interviews this season's contestants in the order they were eliminated.  Interestingly, when Ru asks what challenge they missed (by already being eliminated) that they might have shined on, they PROVE it, whether it is reading, acting in a telenovela, or impersonation for The Snatch Game.


Real highlights:  Ru has to school Lineysha Sparx, since she DOESN'T KNOW WHO DIANA ROSS IS.  This leads to a short lesson on gay icons.

Learn it, little boys.

We get a montage of the worst looks ever to rock the runway.  Santino maintains that Alyssa's outfit was still the worst, because she BROUGHT IT WITH HER, she didn't have to make it on the spot out of dubious materials, like the others did.

Detox does get a shout out for her work with Willam and Vicky Vox.  All I am saying is that VV better be on season six, or I will be quite upset.  I have no idea whether SHE wants to be on RPDR or not, but that's beside the point.

Ivy Winters won the title of Miss Congeniality.
Yeah, that's right.  And we got to see Latrice encore fois, merci Seigneur!

When the top three are interviewed Roxxxy seems to be in full damage control mode.  I guess that's better than PhiPhi's state of delusion last year, huh?

And, suddenly, we get to the end of the show and the winner is:



Congratulations, Jinkx!

Was there ever a doubt that she would win?

Why, yes there was.  Nina Flowers and Raven.  I rest my case.

At least we got to see a lot of Manila.  Manila is the point of it all.  C'est ça et c'est tout.

ILYM



No comments:

Post a Comment