Saturday, April 27, 2013

PRs11e14 • Finale Part 2 • 25 April 2013


Last time on Project Runway Heidi & Tim sent four contestants home with $10,000 and at least 4 months to create a 12 look collection for Mercedes Benz Fashion week (early February 2013.)  Upon returning, they had to pick 3 looks to show the judges, to get one of the three spots for competing.  Michelle, Patricia and Stanley advanced to fight for the grand prize package, while Daniel was eliminated, his collection becoming a decoy.

Did you see the decoy collections?  What did you think?  I will put out the caveat that my vision is poor.  True, maybe the shots weren't always clear, but, in general, I was underwhelmed.  Who, of the decoys, was the best?  I would guess Amanda and Layana.  So, this is a long way of saying, I was disappointed that Daniel was eliminated, placing 4th for the season, however, he really earned it.

The episode opens with the 3 designers recapping what the judges thought about their work.  The next morning they meet up with their fellow castmates who are helping them, when Tim walks in.

Your work disgusts me!  We need a Mood excursion, pronto! 

They get an additional $500 in hopes of making their looks more palatable to the judges.  Stanley has to modernize, Patricia has to make cohesive, and Michelle has to show up edit a bit.

In the work room Stanley shares that he farmed out his beading work.

He … he WHAT?  I did all of mine by hand, every day.

During the final model fitting, Michelle meets Billy B in the L'Oreal Paris makeup room!  Now if only we could have Collier Strong back.

Somehow he was involved in the news this past week, but I don't understand why.

Senator Warren: "We are strong.  We are Collier Strong.  We are Boston strong."

Senator Warren: "We are strong.  No one can tell us we're wrong.  Searchin' our hearts for so law-oo-wong."

God, we need Collier, don't ya think?  Especially after Michelle talked so much smack about poor Swatch.

And shame on Michelle for going all Glee Kitty vs. Marley on Swatch.


That was a surprise.  Another is the continued delusion of Layana:  "At the end of the day Patricia does not even have 12 looks.  What if she didn't even have me, I don't know what she would do."  Um, do it herself?

To be fair, Patricia had a lot to change after the judges told her what they thought.  However, she came to Fashion Week with fairly finished garments.  What lies ahead for her is annoying, but reasonably doable.

After the Tim-thru, and the final model fitting, Michelle reads my mind.  She explains during an interview that "Stanley is not just fitting, he's actually, like, constructing the garments, on the girls … Patricia is all over the place.  Stanley is really far behind."

Then, when with Amanda, "You know what's really kind of annoying?  How under-prepared the other two designers in this room are.  They're patterning now.  They're trying to be cohesive now.  It bodes really well for me, but it, I mean, they can still pull rabbits out of their hats."

Soon Stanley thinks he is going to vomit all over his clothes.  He says he is having a meltdown.  He is so overfocused on his work that he can't finish speaking to the others mid-sentence.

Later on that night, Michelle tells Patricia what is probably what Lifetime was referring to as the big shock of the evening:

"I am … really worried for Stanley.  He says he has four garments not made. That doesn't include the eight garments that aren't even close to being finished.  Currently I don't even think he has a look that he can zip on a girl and send down the runway.  I wanted to, like, pull Tim aside and be, like, there's not going to be a runway show.  There's gonna be the two of us and then Stanley."

Tim has to interview the morning of the runway show, backstage, that he is incredulous at the amount of work still to be done.  We're on your page, Tim. 

Enough.  What were your thoughts on the collections?

Michelle Lesniak Franklin

Cohesive.  Believable.  Youthful.  Interesting.

Okay, when look #11 came, all I could think of was the s9 cogs,
but after looking it up, it's not a strong resemblance.  Oy, the mind.

Did you think of this when Nina raved about look #7, the heart sweater?


Patricia Michaels



Interesting textiles, yet verging on boring due to it being shapeless.
Hmmm, maybe it's more that the textiles have thought,
but the silhouettes don't. 

Gary Larson Amoeba Couture has more structure.


Stanley Hudson

Old.  Stale.  Boring.
Wait, not boring.  It was so boring that it was alarming.
Michael Kors called out one of the looks as Betty White on Dancing With The Stars.

Don't insult me like that,  I don't dress that old!

Well, I finally caught up to the rest of the planet on Project Runway.  I was bored with the episode.  Usually my lack of fashion knowledge helps to keep things interesting for me.  Not so this time around.  I saw Michelle's winning from a mile away.

Ugh, Heidi.  Two fabrics in the front, and on the other side, an open back?  Oy!

Still, I am grateful to have seen season 11, and I look forward to PR12 in July.

There's a reunion show next week!  Yippee?  Are there any questions you must have answered?  Yeah, me neither.  Okay, why did Stanley come so ill-prepared for Fashion Week when he had so much done for the Tim critique a few weeks earlier?  (He didn't change all that much immediately after the Tim advice.)

I read somewhere of a possible THIRD season of Project Runway All-Stars.  Maybe I'll post a cast wish list.  Any word on PR Australia s5?   Let me go see.

ILYM

1 comment: