Saturday, October 27, 2012

PRAS s2e1 should be s3e1 • Redemption On The Runway • 25 October 2012

It's like PR never ended, huh?  Was it just like you thought it was going to be?  Yeah, I was hoping against hope that the villains would go first, but when they started CELEBRATING the arrival of Wendy Pepper, and auffing the nice lady, I knew it was not to be.

First, I have to address a few elephants in the room.

Yes, you can use the loo.


I want there to be a TV show called "Andrae Enters" where all it is is him entering and exiting doorways, especially revolving doors.  Wait, could we just have 24/7 coverage, like CSPAN?   Please

Does anyone else think of the Oscar winning 1989 short "Balance" whenever they see Andrae?   I do.  He's not a dead ringer for it, but I can not unsee it.



Lastly, Peach Carr sent my dying mother a very nice birthday letter last year, and it meant the world to both of us.  So, of course, I'm rooting for PC all the way.  I want Andre to be in ALL of the episodes, so I can see him coming & going, but I want Peach to win.

Is this realistic?  Of course not. Do I even think this way all the time?  No.  My real favorites are Uli, Kayne, Althea, and the s9 couple Anthony Ryan and Laura Kathleen.  Mostly, I just want them all to have enough time to do well, and for the villains to get their comeuppance.  Oh, and Wendy cannot be eliminated immediately, she needs to stick around so we can see whether or not she has grown.  I am talking about behavior.  How would you have conducted yourself if you had been her?  Okay, nobody on the planet is like her, but, you get my drift.  There's always someone who has learned how to behave on an all-stars show, and I wonder if Ms. Pepper will be the one.  Don't you worry, I'm not holding my breath, I'm just curious.

Oh, and I'm wondering if Emilio Thotha will be nicer to Joanna Coles than he was to Tim Gunn.  If he is repentant, I might feel guilty enough about making fun of him to spell his name correctly.  Oh, wait, what's that?  Joanna Coles has gone on record as stating that the designer she was most interested in seeing again was Emilio?  ARGH!  I fear his head may not fit through any doors.  So, Andre has to enter first.  ALWAYS.

a
Thank you Andrae.
I can always count on you for face.

Lastly, just a comment.  The promos were VERY misleading.  Suede refrained from talking about himself in the third person in them, so I thought perhaps that HE had grown as a person, and I was going to root for him to not be the first to be eliminated.  Nope, he just must have been having an off day.  He's still annoying, but with worse hair and attire.  Go home first!  Go home first!  Wait, AFTER the villains.  Go home fifth!  Go home fifth!


The 13 PR returnees meet Joanna Coles on some NYC rooftop to find out that they will be separated into two teams.  Joanna picked Kayne and Joshua from the button bag, but they are not team leaders, they just happen to be picking first.


So, Kayne, Uli, Cassanova, Ivy, Althea, Anthony Ryan and Wendy are one team.


Joshua, Peach, Laura Kathleen, Emilio, Andrae and Suede are the other.

They get 30 minutes to consult over a  board that has a list of attitudes, from which they are to choose one, or they can choose one of their own.  They will get $250 each.  The looks must be cohesive.  The winner will be from the winning team.  The eliminated person will be from the losing team.

How the hell would you design for "accepting?"

Team JPLKEAS becomes Team Bold.  Team KUCIAARW becomes Team Confident.  30 minutes and $250 each person at Mood, no Swatch, and we're back in the work room.  Wait, there was NO running up and down the stairs.  Did the designers get wise and stick to the first floor or did the cameramen just get lazy?

The Joanna-thru is a little too quick but we get to hear her call Joshua's look scary, she makes Andrae cry (well, not quite) and suggests to Emilio that he might have the winning look IF he were on the winning team.  Ha!  Blow up that ego, Ms. Coles.

I think you jutht might be the betht dethigner in the world.

Then we get to hear tough lady Joanna Coles utter to Ms. Higa the delicious, "I'm a little terrified to meet you because I remember you being such a bitch on your season."  Ivy beams, "I was!  I can't blame you, I was a total asshole."  Wait a minute, was she PROUD of her behavior?  Geez, not only am I not getting that the villains might regret their actions and grow up, they're even WORSE?   Wow, this IS Lifetime, huh?  Ivy states that life was hard, so that it was alright, and good that she was a bitch.  Or, something like that.  Ah, because life is perfect for everyone else, and it's easy to do the right thing at all times.  Gotcha.  I love how Joanna and Cassanova are speaking, and within 30 seconds hooker and slutty are mentioned.   No old lady or grandma yet, but maybe they will say that in the next episode?

Something amazing soon thereafter happened.  I was not expecting this.  We now have a name for someone, don't we?

Finallement.

Okay, now I can face the results, now that I have a name  I mean, that IS mustache man / bicep man, isn't it?

TEAM BOLD
Emilio Sosa



Peach Carr



Andrae Gonzalo


Stephen "Suede" Baum



Laura Kathleen Planck




Joshua McKinley  






TEAM CONFIDENT
Ivy Higa




Althea Harper



Carlos Cassanova




Anthony Ryan Auld




Wendy Pepper



Johnathan Kayne Gillaspie



Ulrike "Uli" Herzner


 

Carolyn Murphy states that the winning team is Team Confident.  Then she calls out Anthony Ryan, Ivy and Cassanova, Suede, Peach and Andrae.  There's no confusion, they all know if they are top 3 or bottom 3.  Laura Kathleen is singled out as having the highest score, but since she was on the losing team, she wasn't eligible to win.

I didn't have to work with Bert, so I already won.

The judges raved about the top 3, but each had criticism as well.    As for the bottom dwellers, Suede had too many conflicting ideas.  Gee, that's awfully kind.  They ripped on Peach for her confidence and her construction.  Andrae's "slightly muffled" idea was a bit much for the judges.  Georgina Chapman already is concerned Andrae can't answer a simple question.  Ha!  Andrae is still the same.

When they are brought out Anthony Ryan wins and Peach Carr is sent home sequestered in the hotel for the remainder of the competition.  I'm so sorry, Peach.  I will always be grateful that you wrote to my mother in her last months and cheered her up.  We both love you and root for you.

We will miss you, Peach!


In the coming weeks:  Graffiti, Paris, DVF, eco-friendly and holiday challenges!  Woo-hoo!

They even make Ivy cry?

A dog?

ILYM

1 comment:

  1. Please check and correct your spellings of the participants' names. It's Andrae Gonzalo, Kayne Gillaspie, and Carlos Casanova. Especially if you want Andrae to have his own show; want to be sure the titles are done right.

    ReplyDelete